Walter D. Teague Exhibition in Vermont

The exhibit was curated by granddaughter Allison Teague.
 I was privileged to be able to attend and speak at the Walter Dorwin Teague exhibition opening in Waitsfield Vermont on June 1st.  The show "His Life, Work and Influence" was curated by his granddaughter Allison Teague and runs through August 31st, 2012.
The Madsonian museum is a year old now and was founded by architect David Sellers.

A drafting desk of Walter's son, R. Lewis Teague, from the original WDTA New York office.
 I was excited to find some items that I've never seen and some that I didn't know existed anymore.  Such as this beautiful drafting desk from the WDTA office in New York.  It's likely from the 1930's and was kept by son R. Lewis Teague.
The stylish Kodak Bantam Special (1936-48) was on display.

A large assortment of Teague designed cameras with their packaging.

Glassware, illustrations, photos, historical timeline and W. D. Teague's teenage diary!
 The treasure for me was to find Teague's handwritten diary from 1898 to 1899 (15 to 16 years old).  Allison was gracious enough to allow me to read it and transcribe it.  I will reveal some of the exciting new discoveries hidden within in the upcoming documentary.
Opening night of the exhibition. A WDTA drafting desk and Teague's  notable quotes posted throughout.

Comments

Unknown said…
This looks like a wonderful show. I wish I had know about it. I would have taken a trip to see it. It reminds me of a little off the beaten track show of Loewy's work, on LI, with some things the curator bought on EBay. RitaSue Siegel

Popular posts from this blog

Vehicle Designs of Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Variations on the Familiar

Furniture Design Exhibition Seattle - Western ID graduates 2022 - part 2

Furniture Design Exhibition - Western ID graduates 2022 - part 1