Missing Family and Electricity



August 26th, 2007
Hoima, Uganda

Sorry that I haven't written, it's not that we're too busy it's that haven't been able to. The hotel that we stayed at had a computer cafe, but it was only open in the middle of the day, when we were out at the University Friday. Then Saturday it wasn't open in the morning and we drove most of the day to Hoima. Then when we got here, there was no electricity and no fuel for the generator. The electricity turned on later that night, but I was asleep by then. This morning we went to church, then to a bible study meeting, and that took all day until 5pm, and now I'm back at my Moms and the power is on! You don't know how much I appreciate full-time reliable electricity like we have back home, what a precious thing.

I was very sad today, as I thought about my family and missed them terribly. This is so hard, being away from the family.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi!
I am in France now but I am portuguese. I know how it is to miss our family. However I am not in Uganda.. I don't know how it is to live without all the conforts civilization has to offer. Nevertheless I am helping a little child there in Hoima, by distant adoption system. If you could post some fotos of the place, of the people, I would really apreciate.
Thank you.
Joana

Popular posts from this blog

Vehicle Designs of Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Variations on the Familiar

Furniture Design Exhibition Seattle - Western ID graduates 2022 - part 2

Furniture Design Exhibition - Western ID graduates 2022 - part 1